Alexandra Catalano came all the way from California to talk to us about nutrition. I really enjoyed this speaker because she had a lot of ideas and tried to relate things back to college life. You can find her on Instragram @EatCute and message her with any questions and she will get back to you. Here are some points that I took away from the talk.
- Health is about how you feel, how much energy, and mindful relationship. It’s a lifestyle.
- Food ideas to stay away from include: things in packages, sugar, soda, etc.
- Eat only when you are hungry and hydrate before you eat
- Stop counting calories and throw away the scale. look at how you feel and fit in your clothes as a way to measure.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces a day. This can increase your metabolism up to 30%.
- Recommended Apps: meditation app (calm or headspace), F.lux, 6 pack promise, My Flo, Think Dirty App
- Stress: less caffeine, journal, list & prioritize, go for a walk, essential oils, morning and night time routine, adaptogenie herbs
- Healthy Living: clean room, add plants, natural cleaning products, diffuser with essential oils
- Exercise: weight training is an excellent way to burn fat and increase metabolism, pick something you LOVE, HIIT workouts, recovery is just as important as a workout
- Healthy foods doesn’t always mean it’s good for you: explore foods. Your body is constantly changing – eat according to season or frozen organic foods.
- Brain Foods: turmeric, lions mane, avocados, blue berries, broccoli
- Energy Foods: water, bee pollen, healthy fats, coconut oil
- recommending to take magnesium
- If looking at diets, make sure you create one for you!
- Surround yourself with positive people that love and support you achieving your goals!